Learning, Teaching, and Growing - Together
© 2017 Ichabod Crane Central School District. This website was produced by the Questar III Communications Service.
(Jan. 17, 2017) The Ichabod Crane CSD Board of Education unanimously approved a motion to extend a tax exemption to veterans of the Cold War who primarily reside in the district. Governor Cuomo signed legislation in August which allows school districts the option to grant Cold War Veterans an exemption from school taxes. Cold War Veterans were already eligible to receive an exemption from town & county taxes and now this legislation allows the schools to grant it as well. The formal resolution will be on the agenda for the Feb. 7 Board of Education.
IC Business Manager reviewed the following information with the Board at its Jan. 10 meeting:
Summary for ICCSD residents
• 38 Exemptions (36 Columbia, 2 Rensselaer)
• Value = $473,862
• 16-17 District Assessment = $1,224,460,883
• Decrease of Assessment = $473,862
• New Assessment = $1,223,987,021
• Change in Assessment = .04%
• This on average would cost Non Vet approximately $1.50 - $3.00 per bill.