Skip to Content

Non-Public School Transportation Requests Due April 1, 2017

(March 1, 2017) Ichabod Crane Central School District has the Requests For Transportation to a “Non-Public School” available to residents who are planning to enroll their children in a NON-PUBLIC SCHOOL for the 2017-2018 school year. However, a child must reside within 15 miles of the non-public school in order to qualify for Ichabod Crane bus transportation from home to school.

Non-Public School Transportation Request forms may be obtained by calling the Transportation Department at 758-7575 or can be downloaded here. Requests must be submitted no later than April 1, 2017. Should a family move into the district after April 1, their request for transportation must be made within 30 days of establishing residency.

A transportation request should be submitted for any child who may possibly attend a non-public school in the fall, even if a definite commitment has not yet been made. The request can always be withdrawn; however, NYS Education Law states a request must be submitted no later than April 1 or transportation may be denied.