HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE
Here is the long awaited Guidance and Counseling Office Update for May!
Hard to believe the school year is coming to an end!
Final Exam Schedule
Mathematics Regents Review Classes
(an additional 4 algebra review classes have been added!)
Science Regents Review Classes
- May 3rd was our Field Trip to the HVCC College Fair with the junior class. Over 100 colleges and university were represented.
- AP EXAMS begin this week, May 6th through May 16th. A list of AP Exam rooms can be found on the Guidance and Counseling Office Door. Students must remember to bring two number two pencils, a black or blue ink pen and a college board approved calculator (if applicable).
- The May Scholarship Newsletter is available to seniors in their home rooms, in the Guidance Office and on the web!
- 504 annual review meetings will be taking place in the main office the month of May.
- School Girl Queen Competition- All junior students will be voting on the Ichabod Crane HS School Girl Queen representative in homerooms this week. The winner will participate in the Columbia County School Girl Queen Competition this August, and will have a chance to win a monetary award!
- Students who are re-taking Regents Exams and/or RCT's for graduation will be handed a schedule of when their exam will take place in June. Regents Review session schedules can be found in the Guidance and Counseling Office or on the Counselor's Page of the district website.
- Fourth Quarter interim reports will be distributed on May 13th in homerooms.
- College Acceptance Log is in the process of being created. Seniors are filling out their senior questionnaire forms and informing the Guidance Office of what their post high school plans will be.
- College Acceptance Bulletin Board will be posted in the display case in the main office front lobby by the end of the month. Our plan is to have it displayed for students by May 20th as a gift from the counselors.
- Senior Final Transcripts are being prepared to be sent to colleges once the college acceptance questionnaires are completed. Once final grades are in, transcripts will be mailed to colleges of the student's choice.
As always, thank you for all that you do to help ICC be the best that it can be.
-The HS Counselors
Check the school calendar for distribution dates of interim reports and report cards. Please stay aware of your child's progress in school. There are many support resources for students who may need to improve their grades, including Homework Center, drag sheets, private home tutor, and peer tutors to name a few. Announcements are made every morning during homeroom regarding dates, activities, and programs. Please make sure your child is aware of the importance of listening to these daily announcements.
<< Back to the
Teacher Websites Page